Saturday, July 11, 2009

Firefox

After my very brief encounter with Firefox, I can't say that I see any real benefit to using it over IE. IE's browsing tabs are just as easy to use and I don't get the Firefox extensions at all. I installed one, but then didn't know where it went. How do I access it again and/or how do I know it's working?



I did like changing the text size in Firefox better. It seemed to have more gradation of text size than IE.



It would take a lot more of my time to really get to know Firefox better to find out if it would be worth the switch or not. I'm sticking with IE for now.

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet! Good job.

    I'm having a hard time finding extensions that are relevant to me, myself. I'm sure it's just because I haven't made the time to really look, but still - all that choice can get overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just installed the 'read it later' add-on that another 23Things participant recommended. Love it! How many times does someone share a link and I can't get to it - and my old habit of bookmarking it on delicious doesn't work - it just gets lost. It appeared right on my address bar and it's just an icon I can click and then sort by date. Yay! But I think it's just nice to have choices for browsers. Many people (like me!) love anything they can customize. I like to spend lots of time with new products and toys making them 'mine' so Firefox is delightful. My Firefox doesn't look anything like anyone else's! Hmm...maybe I'm still stuck in high school mentality! HA!

    ReplyDelete